class dates will be posted soon...
Birth Education Classes
The cost of an 8 week class series is $275 per couple and includes a workbook and other materials. To reserve a spot in a class series a non-refundable deposit of $75 is required, and the remaining balance is due at the beginning of class 1. The balance must be paid in order to receive a workbook, as well as any other class materials.
*If necessary, I am happy to accommodate payment plans. This must be arranged before the start of the class series.
This class is an evidence-based education. In the 24 hours (spread over 8 weeks) we offer the perfect mix of time-honored traditions and cutting edge research to empower 21st century moms to give birth with confidence.
You and your birth partner will be well-educated and prepared for labor and birth. Your classes will teach you how to stay healthy throughout your pregnancy and to prepare your body for the big day. You will learn how to work as a team, so you can cope with the sensations of labor. You will learn about the body's natural process and you will also be well-educated about common medications and procedures so that you can make informed choices.
24 hrs of group instruction given in 3 hrs classes for 8 consecutive weeks. Classes cover:
- Class 1: Intro to Natural Childbirth/ Pain Management/ Prenatal Exercises
- Class 2: Pregnancy/Nutrition/Relaxation
- Class 3: Labor 1st Stage Labor and Transition
- Class 4: Second and Third Stages of Labor
- Class 5: Variations / Complications / Informed Decision Making
- Class 6: Birth Preferences, Packing, Birth Team, Birth Plan, Emergency Birth, Newborn Procedures
- Class 7: Advanced Labor Rehearsal with Whole House Plan and Review
- Class 8: Newborn Care, Postpartum Care, Choosing Pediatrician/Breastfeeding
*Begin classes by your 30th week of pregnancy.
If for any reason you decide to discontinue attending class, your tuition will not be refunded. Refunds for medical reasons will be addressed on an individual basis.
What do I bring to class?
Here are a few suggestions...
- A notebook and pen or pencil. While you will receive a student workbook, some couples have found it helpful to bring an additional notebook to take notes, as well as a pen to write with.
- You own pillows. Each class we will practice relaxation on the floor. I do provide mats and pillows however some couples prefer to bring their own pillow(s) from home for comfort.
- A mug, cup, or reusable drinking container. Water and tea are available as are paper cups if you forget your mug.
- Each couple will have one opportunity to bring a snack to share. Three hours can be a long time for a pregnant woman to go without a snack!
- Your birth partner!