Friday

Peaceful Birth ~ Doula Services and Childbirth Education

About Me:
 My passion for pregnancy and childbirth began when I was 14. As I saw my 2 older sisters educating themselves about their options, I was in awe that a woman can instinctively know what is best for her and her baby once she is given complete information. My sisters' needs were quite different from each other and this fact helps me better appreciate that each mother is unique. Each pregnancy is different. I approach my care for women with this knowledge always in mind.
I am married to the love of my life, raising 2 lively boys in Mesa, AZ. When I'm not teaching, attending births, or taking care of my family, you can find me doing yoga or dreaming about foreign destinations. I feel incredibly fortunate to share in the transformative and intimate experience of labor and birth with my clients.

My Philosophy:
I believe that every woman instinctively knows how she can best give birth.
I believe that childbirth is a normal, natural, and healthy experience. Every woman is capable of a positive birth experience. Every woman deserves to have information and education in order to make informed choices and decisions about and throughout labor and delivery. My job is not to speak for you, but to act as a resource and give you the information you need to make informed choices about your care. As a doula, I honor the birth choices that you and your partner have made.  I bring compassion, knowledge, understanding, strength, and a calming presence to birth. My goal is to help women in the community to view their birth as a powerful and fulfilling experience that they can look back on as a source of strength.


Please, feel free to contact me for more information and let me know what support I can give during this transformative time in your life.
Love and light,
Emily Ruth

What is Support?
Support is unconditional.
It is listening…
Not judging, not telling your own story.
Support is not offering advice
It is offering a handkerchief, a touch, a hug… caring.
We are here to help women discover what they are feeling….
Not to make the feelings go away
We are here to help a woman identify her options.
Not to tell her which options to choose.
We are here to discuss steps with a woman…
Not to take the steps for her.
We are here to help a woman discover her own strength…
Not to rescue her and leave her still vulnerable.
We are here to help a woman discover she can help herself…
Not to take that responsibility for her.
We are here to help a woman learn to choose…
Not to make it unnecessary for her to make difficult choices.
- Anonymous